Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hump Day

Now that it's the middle of the week, I should probably tell you about our weekend, hmmm??

I've been procrastinating blogging a little bit, mostly to work on Thank You notes. No, we still aren't finished. If you haven't received yours yet, please accept my sincere apology and know that I have been trying my best. They're kind of a drag, and I hate feeling that way while I am writing them; the whole point of doing so is to let everyone know how much we appreciate them and how happy we are to know them! It is a little hard to maintain this outlook when I am buried underneath cards and lists and sweating and my arms are cramping and my tongue is dry from all of the envelope licking. It's madness, I tell you!

Anywho, on Saturday we had such a fun day! We went uptown for the Bon Odori Festival. It is a Japanese summer celebration complete with dancing, music, and overall merriment. We spent most of our time there chowing down on some delicious yum yums and chatting with friends. We are so grateful that Jordan not only has been able to meet such sweet and interesting people through work, but that he is able to communicate with them because of the time he spent in Japan on his mission. It is really enriching to get to know other cultures and have others close to you that can expand your horizons a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment