Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The weepies

Christmas makes me cry. There, I said it.

I have noticed, especially this year, that I involuntarily start tearing up at anything all during the month of December.

Am I the only one with this problem?

The other day when I was driving home from work and listening to a radio program about troops coming home from Iraq for the holidays... it was like Niagra Falls! One of those cries that is so violent and messy that you worry people in other cars will see you and feel bad for you/wonder if your cat died.

Every time I have had to get up and speak for a church-related function the past few weeks, I can barely get any words out.

And trying to watch this scene...


Or this one...


Or, especially, this...


WITHOUT sobbing? Forget about it!

I guess it's just the magic and wonderment of the Christmas season! That, or I am descending into madness :)

On another note, we are so excited to go to AZ/UT to see our beloved families and friends! Four more days... Grandma, you better get ready for some major bear hugs. Kat and Ash, you tell those sweet little babies of yours that Auntie Lyssie is coming to cuddle them to bits!

Wahoooo!!


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, i am so glad i am not the only one! i tear up literally every day. and now aaron thinks i am crazy. we're just tender people! :`[ (that is a crying face)

    ReplyDelete