Sunday, April 22, 2012

Heat Wave

It has been in the 100's this weekend in Phoenix.

This would be fine and dandy with me if my natural body temperature wasn't already 10 degrees hotter at the moment. Talk about a hot and sweaty mess, my friends!

I wish I had more exciting things to report, but lately I've mostly been laying on my bed at my parents' under the fan while watching Gidget and really dumb chick flicks. Ah, leisure...

Also, we had a pretty rockin' garage sale the other day at my grandparents' house. I scored some sweet things for our new place, wherever that may be (I love hand me down decorations :) and got to take on the responsibility of Assistant Bag Lady.

I am leaving to head back to Charlotte in a few days, and Jord and I will finally be reunited on Friday. Hallelujah!

We are getting really excited to be in Chattanooga so we can find a place and settle in. This whole "not having a real home" thing is kind of draining. We are also hoping to find out baby's gender in the next couple of weeks. Hooray!

A big thanks to my sweet mom and dad for putting me up all this month and listening to me complain every day about how my life is "sooo hard" because I am away from my husband. Whiner. Also, thanks to my grandparents for just being so wonderful and for introducing me to the amazing Dr. Spock. I have been reading, and I already feel so much more prepared :)

Here is a little peek at the 17 weeks belly!



Update: I have already gained more weight than I expected to (ha!), can't get enough apples (or Frosty's.... :-/), and I am pretty sure I'm feeling some little rumblings and kicking in there! It mostly just feels like bubbles are popping inside my stomach, though.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh you are so adorable!!! Loving that cute little bump. You look great. I love when you first start to feel the baby...I used to tell EJ it felt like a little popcorn kernel popping! Such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so stinking adorable. i looked at that picture...immediate reaction "i certainly hope i look that cute when i'm pregnant!" also, i'm SO happy for you. and i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, ladies! You are sweet! I have been having an interesting time adjusting to this new belly, so you made my day :)

    Ash-It IS crazy. I still get confused whether or not that is what I'm feeling, but it's like, "Really, Alyssa? unless you have an alien moving around in there, I'm pretty sure that's it." So cute!

    Andie-I just love you! Thanks for the sweet message, and I miss the heck out of you. Also, you are a babe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your baby bump :) I'm realizing I really don't have one yet at all. Wearing the same clothes--i'm almost 15 weeks along! But you're so slender so it just pops right out of you. I'm still sick too so I actually haven't gained any weight yet, I think my doctor is not going to be pleased with me about that...maybe i'm just losing ALL my muscle and gaining fat so the scale is just staying the same. I am jealous that you look and feel pregnant in all the good ways :) I can't wait to feel that little person moving around instead of just the warning feelings in my tummy haha. I can't wait to see you and your little one. I'm so excited for you:) can't wait to see what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete