Saturday, April 7, 2012

There's a Baby in There

It's true! There is a new little member coming to the Rose clan in September 2012.

Sorry to leave a lot of you hanging all that time (even though most probably had a feeling there was something different). The true Scotsman in me is way superstitious, and I didn't feel like blogging about anything until we were out of the first trimester (which was a doozy... more on that later). Needless to say, we are pretty delighted!

Back in January, I started feeling SUPER weird... just tired and icky and had a bad appetite (which, most of you know, is definitely not normal for the girl who takes seconds of everything). Thinking I might be "with child," a took a test that came back negative, and just chalked it up to maybe catching something on the plane coming home from the holidays or just being worn out.

One Wednesday night a little bit later, Jordan and I went out for sushi (probably one of my top 3 favorite foods), and after eating about 3 or 4 pieces, I just couldn't stomach any more (unheard of). That's when we realized something was definitely up :)

That weekend, we took some tests and sure enough, those beautiful double pink lines showed up (within about 10 seconds... seriously).

Warning: the following is a photo of said tinkle sticks. Let's try to be mature about this ;)



We may or may not have been both terrified (well, me mostly) and elated at the same time, as evident by the following picture.... Also, we aren't jaundiced. Blame it on bathroom lighting!



The further along I get (I'm almost 16 weeks), the more and more excited we become, if that's even possible. It's been an adventure, even in this short time, but we can't wait to meet our little nugget and squeeze and kiss it to pieces!

Here is an ultrasound from my most recent appointment a while ago at 12 weeks.



Cute, no? ;)

Right now, we are just biding our time until the beginning of May when we can find out if is a little HE or SHE and really get to planning and preparing for the little one! I feel like it's a girl, but every dream I have had about baby is a boy.

Do you have any guesses!?

Thanks so much to our friends and families for being so congratulatory, positive, and helpful! We love you!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I am just so excited for you two cuties. You will be fab parents. I love the pic of you guys with your (ahem) "potty sticks." ;) I'm sending a big hug to you and babykins!

    ReplyDelete